How to Volunteer
At BPCS we truly embrace the 'village' in educating and supporting our children, and we acknowledge and value the role that volunteers play in our community. Whether you have a small amount of time to give occasionally or a few hours on a regular basis, please consider the following opportunities:
- Even with recent changes to our Library environments (moving to Library Ateliers); we are dedicated to the practice of literacy in its many forms, and we are always looking for volunteers to work with individuals and small groups of children across all ages of the school on reading and writing projects. An interest in writing, supporting and mentoring children is essential for this role. Our growing Library environments are also in need of parents from within the community to help with covering and shelving books and general upkeep. If you enjoy sharing your love of books with children, then come and read a story or share a favourite picture book while you are here. Amanda or Sarah W would love to hear about your interests! (via Pamela, email@example.com)
- If your passion is outdoors or in the garden let us know, our Gardener caretaker will be keen to take on some additional workers. Contact: via Paul Host via Pamela at firstname.lastname@example.org … if you are handy with Outdoor Construction projects you may wish to let Warren know (Groundsman – email@example.com) or Leslie (Outdoor Provocation Specialist) firstname.lastname@example.org. We should also note that we have specialist projects in Permaculture and Ursula (email@example.com) is always looking for additional hands who can work with the class or independently.
- From time to time, classes look out for volunteers to help them with specific class projects – building a frog pond, planting a garden or cooking an afternoon tea for grandparents. Contact your child’s teaching team to see what projects are alive or upcoming in your child’s classroom.
Do you have a specific Skill Set that you can share with our community on a voluntary basis – ie: IT Upgrades, Construction, Maintenance, Painting, Artistic Design, Massage, Nature Spaces etc.
- Are you helpful and would like to volunteer some time in simple ‘up-keep’ duties such as washing tea-towels, assisting with lost property etc.
- Consider becoming a Parent Class Coordinator for your child’s class at the beginning of the school year. You will get to know the wider school community while planning and supporting your child’s class in the many and varied social and community events on offer throughout the year.
- If you prefer more of a governance role, and have experience and skills in finance, business, HR, marketing, etc, consider joining the BPCS Board. Each year at the annual AGM, new members of the Board are sought and applications are always welcome.Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to Work with Us. It is important that all volunteers at BPCS understand and agree to the school’s Code of Conduct.