How to Volunteer
- Even with recent changes to our Library environments (moving to Library Ateliers); we are dedicated to the practice of literacy in its many forms, and we are always looking for volunteers to work with individuals and small groups of children across all ages of the school on reading and writing projects. An interest in writing, supporting and mentoring children is essential for this role. Our growing Library environments are also in need of parents from within the community to help with covering and shelving books and general upkeep. If you enjoy sharing your love of books with children, then come and read a story or share a favourite picture book while you are here.
- If your passion is outdoors or in the garden contact Johanna, our Kitchen Garden caretaker to ask how you may be able to contribute. Contact: email@example.com … if you are handy with Outdoor Construction projects you may wish to let Warren know firstname.lastname@example.org or Leslie (Outdoor Provocation Specialist) email@example.com
- From time to time, classes look out for volunteers to help them with specific class projects – building a frog pond, planting a garden or cooking an afternoon tea for grandparents. Contact your child’s teaching team to see what projects are alive or upcoming in your child’s classroom.
Do you have a specific Skill Set that you can share with our community on a voluntary basis – ie: IT Upgrades, Construction, Maintenance, Painting, Artistic Design, Massage, Nature Spaces etc.
- Are you helpful and would like to volunteer some time in simple ‘up-keep’ duties such as washing tea-towels, assisting with lost property etc.
- Consider becoming a Parent Class Coordinator for your child’s class at the beginning of the school year. You will get to know the wider school community while planning and supporting your child’s class in the many and varied social and community events on offer throughout the year.
- If you prefer more of a governance role, and have experience and skills in finance, business, HR, marketing, etc, consider joining the BPCS Board. Each year at the annual AGM, new members of the Board are sought and applications are always welcome.
- Do you have a passion for communication, design or events? You could join the Resource Committee and help connect the wider community with the innovation and vision of BPCS.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to Work with Us. It is important that all volunteers at BPCS understand and agree to the school’s Code of Conduct.