Nature and Technology
Nature and Technology exist in the BPCS environments to compliment and support each other and the learning journeys of the students.
There is a debate between the educational value of nature and technology in the lives of our youngest citizens. The position of Bold Park Community School is that technology is here to stay and it is counter productive to take a stand that excludes one from the other. Digital technologies are simply another set of cultural tools and they should be used to enable the intellectual and creative abilities of our children. At BPCS, we view technology use as:
- Requiring responsible conduct in all levels of schooling, in accordance with our Mutual Respect Policy.
- Supportive tools to the student’s discovery and learning.
- Cultural tools to develop creativity and communication amongst our students.
- Appropriate in nature based experiences, based on place based and nature based principles.
- Providing an overall balance in the students’ experiences, which will nurture the very best outcome for the students now, and in their adult lives.
As such Nature and Technology exist in the BPCS environments to complement and support each other and the learning journeys of the students.