Making Learning Visible
This is not only in making thinking and learning visible to students but also engaging and articulating learning practices, processes and goals for the purpose of;
- Communicating learning to parents.
- Articulating the learning journey as part of the educator’s professional development.
- Documenting learning through our Professional Outreach to other educators; both in Australia and the world.
Documentation takes many forms at BPCS, including;
- “Banners” displayed around the school capture projects of learning reflecting a “Whole-School Focus” or emphasis.
- “In-the-moment” communications through “EDUCA” – an electronic means of communicating learning moments in either group or individually targeted “stories” from the educator to the parent.
- “SnapShot” Reporting – Capturing students learning achievements “overtime” and an opportunity for students to reflect on their own learning journey.
- Individual letters from staff to students.
- Portfolios; whilst these look different across the school; the aim and focus is to make student learning visible and celebrate achievement and progress over time.
- Numerous Publications – Over the past years; publications on a classroom level were numerous including; Recipe Books, Calendars, a Class Novel, e-Books, Picture Books, Year Books, Playing Cards, Short-Story Anthology, Video and Media Publications, Short Films, Documentary and Music Videos.
- Electronic Communication with our Parents – e.g. EDUCA (Whole-School), Edublogs (Middle School and College)
You may also wish to visit our Blog to read a few stories/examples of what learning at Bold Park Community School looks like … on the ground!